These 3 3/4 by 3 3/4 squares of honey comb are approximately 13 to 16 ounces per square. A rare and special delicacy of nature straight from the source, our Raw Honeycomb is cut from the frame using a stainless steel comb cutter. Honeycomb paired with cheeses, fruits, wines, meats, & edible flowers is a gorgeous and delicious spread for guests. Made in small quantities, this is the healthiest and rawest form of honey available. Color varies from light, amber to dark (dark will have pollen and bee bread in cells, & the wax will be harder). If you have a preference, please make a note of it when ordering. Discount offered on four or more squares, contact us under Sweet Services to discuss.
More Honeycomb Ideas (Courtesy of Pikes Peak Beekeepers Association)
• Of course you can eat it as it is, after chewing, choosing to swallow or spit out the wax (think bumble gum;)
• Place a chunk of honeycomb in a bowl of warm oatmeal or on top of your pancakes or biscuits.
- Spread some Brie on a baguette, then top with chunks of honeycomb. You can also slice this into appetizer-sized pieces for a fun snack!
- Add a few small chunks of honeycomb to a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.
- Add bite size chunks to your fruit, cheese, and/or meat trays.
- Make a salad of arugula, grilled chicken, and slivered almonds. Top with crumbled soft goat cheese or smoked gouda and small chunks of honeycomb. Yum!
- Spicy chili? Serve each bowl with a chunk of honeycomb and a dollop of sour cream in the center. Takes the heat away ever so slightly and adds that sweet component!
- Top angel food cake with whipped cream and then top that with honeycomb. Divine!
deb (verified owner) –
My husband had been in Bulgaria in the spring and was served honeycomb each morning for breakfast. We had been looking around for it in the Springs at farmers market and stores. I had called a couple of other honey places but could not find it. I found Fields of Natural Honey and ordered 3 boxes. I paid the same price at Natural Grocers for a box half the size and it taste great. My husband is enjoying the honeycomb daily on baguette bread in the morning he loves it! We’ve been serving it with warm Brie cheese and wine to friends, they found it a unique pairing. Thanks so much for the extra gift in our package. Hope all is well with your bees.
Your welcome Deb, and I am glad you found our product competitively priced.